Emergency Gynaecology Assessment Unit
The Emergency Gynaecology Assessment Unit is located on Ward 6X at Peterborough District Hospital.
It is open 9:00am to 12:30pm Monday to Friday and operates a limited service on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Unit is staffed by experienced Gynaecological nurses and an ultrasound sonagraher who undertake ultrasound scan assessments for gynaecology emergencies. Following a scan, patients will be seen by a Gynaecology doctor who has Consultant support to decide ongoing care.
- Vaginal bleeding or pain assessment in pregnancy up to 15 weeks in gestation
- Ultrasound scan assessment for emergency admissions to Ward 6X
- Dating scans for women referred to the Termination of Pregnancy Service
- Any emergency Gynaecology assessment referred by GP's e.g. ectopic pregnancy or ovarian cyst
Referrals are taken from GPs, The Walk in Centre, Family Planning Service, Midwives or patients who self refer.
Patient Information leaflets available from the department:
- Management of Miscarriage
- Miscarriage Information
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Methotrexate Information leaflet
- Molar Pregnancy
- Inconclusive Scan Results (Pregnancy)
- Ultrasound Scan Patient Information
|Staff name||Job title|
|Dr R Moshy||Consultant Radiologist|
|Sally Eglin||Ward Sister|
|Celia Doody||Deputy Sister|
|Tracey Hydes||Deputy Sister|
|Tracey Sansby||Deputy Sister|
|SHO from Ward 6X (rotational)|
|Consultant Gynaecologist (rotational)|
|Janice Naylor||Assistant General Manager|
|Bev Spencer||Matron, Ward 6X|
|Alison Chisnell||Ward Clerk|
|Lisa Schiavone||Ward Clerk Assistant|