The following are links to other websites that may provide you with further information or advice, however, please note that we cannot be held responsible for any information contained on these sites.
Local NHS organisations
The following websites give information on our local Primary Care Trusts (PCTs). These organisations are responsible for funding your healthcare.
Click here to access the page on the PCT website about safeguarding children
Click here to access the page on the PCT website about safeguarding adults
Other NHS organisations
- East of England Strategic Health Authority
Click here to visit the dedicated NHS Constitution site
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (mental health trust)
- NHS Retirement Fellowship (Peterborough branch)
- Anglia Cancer Network - www.angliacancernetwork.nhs.uk
The Extranet is an online resource for GPs who refer to the Peterborough and Stamford hospitals. It is only available to those within the NHSnet.
GP resource for mental health services
The following websites give information on our local area and council services.
- Peterborough Information Point
- Peterborough Quit Smoking Service
- Peterborough Rape Crisis
- Peterborough City Council
- Stamford Town Council
- Lincolnshire County Council
- Anglia Ruskin University - Peterborough and Stamford Hospital NHS Foundation Trust works in partnership with Anglia Ruskin University in terms of the provision of local nurse training in Peterborough
- Care Quality Commission - The Care Quality Commission is the independent regulator of health and social care in England. Its aim is to make sure better care is provided for everyone, whether that’s in hospital, in care homes, in people’s own homes, or elsewhere.
- Department of Health - providing national policy, guidance and publication for health and social care
- Expert Patients Programme CIC - Not-for-profit organisation providing free self-management courses for people with long-term conditions.
- Give up Smoking - to help people give up smoking
- Immunisation for life - national NHS website giving up-to-date information on vaccines, disease and immunisation
- Monitor - website for the Independent Regulator of NHS Foundation Trusts
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence - national NHS organisation responsible for providing national guidance on promoting good health, including guidance on new technologies, procedures and drugs
- NHS Direct - national NHS website providing a range of health information including where to go for advice and support
- NHS Choices - Click here to visit the main NHS (England) website
- The National Blood Service - find details of how to donate blood
- UK Transplant Service - find details of how to become a donor