The Extranet is an online resource for GPs who refer to the Peterborough and Stamford hospitals. It is only available to those within the NHSnet.
It is planned to redevelop the Extranet in 2007. If you are a referring GP and would like to join a user group forum to help us ensure the Extranet is providing the right kind of information to GPs in the right way then please contact the Communications Department on 01733 875844.
The following are links to other websites that may provide you with further information or advice, however, please note that we cannot be held responsible for any information contained on these sites.
The following websites give information on our local area and council services.
The following websites give information on our local Primary Care Trusts. These organisations are responsible for funding your healthcare.
- Peterborough Primary Care Trust
- Lincolnshire Primary Care Trust
- East of England Strategic Health Authority
- UK Transplant Service - find details of how to become a donor
- Give up Smoking - to help people give up smoking
- The National Blood Service - find details of how to donate blood
- Expert Patients Programme - national NHS website to help people live with long-term illness
- Immunisation for life - national NHS website giving up-to-date information on vaccines, disease and immunisation
- Monitor - website for the Independent Regulator of NHS Foundation Trusts
- NHS Direct - national NHS website providing a range of health information including where to go for advice and support
- Department of Health - providing national policy, guidance and publication for health and social care
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence - national NHS organisation responsible for providing national guidance on promoting good health, including guidance on new technologies, procedures and drugs
- Healthcare Commission - the Healthcare Commission is the independent inspection body for NHS and independent healthcare, the website provides details of inspection reports and ratings for individual providers
Click here to visit the main NHS (England) website.